Your swimming pool needs the right maintenance and repairing service at regular intervals. How do you know if your pool has leaks? Call the pool service department for detection of pool leakage and ensure that it is functioning well. It is quite natural for a swimming pool to lose some amount of water to evaporation, some to backwashing the filter and some degree of water to splash out. Despite the matter, if your pool needs two inches more of water addition every week, then it indicates some kind of leakage problem.
Swimming pool detection service is about determining the leakage problem and fixing it. Here, the following discussion focuses upon the 5 different ways of detecting leakage and fixing them.
The 6 Ways of Detecting Leakage
- Technicians are aware of pool leak detection job and so they will check for any kind of leak. They will check out the pump, filter, pipe valves and heater for any kind of leaks. It is important to check the surrounding areas of the pool, whether there is any wet area and if there is any sunken or wet soil caused by erosion that suggest leakage in pool.
- To confirm a leak, you can use a very simple technique. Mark the level of water in your swimming pool right at the skimmer, and use a grease pencil or tape to mark out the water level in a proper way. Check the level of water after 24 hours, and if there is no leakage then there won’t be no more water loss than 0.6 cm in a day, otherwise you have to check for the issue.
- Most importantly, you have to check out the exact location of the leak. It is best to leave the job in the hands of pool service experts who know the right process. If it is determined that the pool is losing out water heavily, then the filtration system should be turned off to check where the water has stopped dropping. For those having Vinyl Liner pools cannot turn off the pump, since they need to have water in the pool all the time. Therefore, it is viable to call a professional.
- There are many possibilities of leakage positions. Once the water stops at bottom of the skimmer opening, then there is possibility of leak in the filtration system or the skimmer. In case, the water level falls at light, then there is a probable leakage at the point of light housing. If the water is below the light, then there is possible leak in the bottom of pool. Check out the water level in your pool when pump is running. If your pool is losing water then there is leakage on the return line side adjacent to the system. However, if you guess that there is any leak in the light, skimmer, and liner; then look for any kind of gaps or tear or cracks.
- To fix any leaks use dye test solution or pH indicator test reagent on those suspected leak areas. Make sure you follow the process while the pump is off and the water is absolutely still.
- Once identified, the leaks need to be fixed. The treatment will depend on the type of leaks, such as, skimmer leaks caused between plastic skimmer and that of concrete pool. Fix it with putty. Linear leaks are fixed with vinyl linear patch kit and light leaks are best taken care of by using hard dried epoxy with silicone or caulk, or putty to patch a poor conduit connection.
Today, the construction of swimming pools has become quite complicated, so it is advisable to call expert technicians and professionals to find the leak problems and fix them.